VET FEE-HELP is a Commonwealth loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay their tuition fees for higher-level vocational education and training (VET) courses (at the diploma-level and above) undertaken at approved providers.
VET FEE-HELP assistance gives you the option of:
- Deferring all of your tuition fees, or
- Paying some of your tuition fees upfront and deferring the balance.
There is a government loan fee of 20% per unit of study for all VET FEE-HELP loans.
Students must repay their VET FEE-HELP debt through the taxation system once their income is above the compulsory repayment threshold, even if they are still studying. The compulsory repayment threshold is adjusted each year. The threshold for the 2016‑17 income year is $54,869.
To enroll into a RGIT / Unity or Elite Beauty College Diploma, prospective students need to meet the entry requirements below:
- an Australian Citizen;OR
- a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder* and who is a resident in Australia for the duration of their course;OR
- a New Zealand Citizen that holds a SCV** and who is a resident in Australia for the duration of their course
Students need to either:
- Provide an Australian year 12 certificate; or
- Complete CSPA test and receive exit level 3 or above;
Pre-Training Review Interview:
All students will be required to undergo a pre-training review interview to determine that student understands course requirements; that the course suits the student’s needs and aspirations; and that they have the skills and ability to succeed in their chosen course.
Students need to be 18 years of age or over
Tax File Number (TFN) Requirements:
- Students must have a valid TFN; OR
- If they don’t have a TFN they may provide a “Certificate of application for a TFN”, this certificate is available from the Australian Tax Office (ATO) once the applicant has applied for a TFN.
And have not exceeded their FEE-HELP limit.
Students are recommended to have access to a computer and a broadband Internet connection.
*On the Humanitarian Visa approved subclass list
** meets the requirements set out in the ‘VFH – Enrolment Procedure”